Sunday, November 16, 2008

Varanam Aayiram.....


Varanam Aayiram

Am just back home from 'Shanti' theater watching Varanam Aayiram. I logged onto my thinkpad to "vomit" my 2 hr 55 min experience with all you guyz. Its a movie which I loved in patches and wouldn't mind watching again as well. Gautam Vasudev Menon is a courageous director who dares with this kinda venture, quite offbeat I would say..

Well, I really dunno how the movie starts as I missed the first 10 mins of the movie thanks to my pal NS who made a late appearance with another fella. When I was finally glued onto my seat, I saw Surya in a smartly clad army uniform and narrating his flashback on a helicopter.

I really felt disconnected with Father surya and Simran's romance. Believe me, I had listened to the songs more than 1000 times had a little too much of expectations which the movie failed to fulfill. Harris Jeyaraj is amazing in his composition and has tried different synchs(like anjalaey song) and back ground score is out of this world. Music and picturusation works wonders for this movie and is a huge plus.Surya's six pack is absolutely awesome and inspiring. I really don't want to get too deep into the story as it would spoil your expectations. Varanam Aayiram is a about a guy who rediscovers life because of his parents after his love evades him. The presentation is different and you could see Gautam's touch/class in a lot of scenes.

It does tell us that life is like a circle, what goes around comes around. Of course, for people who prefer watching movies with a message, this movie does have a message "Smoking/Drugs are Injurious to health"

All in all, it is a movie which brought out the sentimental side of me and is meant for "niche audience" viewership only. When I came out of theater I saw a lot of disappointed fans who were expecting surya to do a khakka khakka sort of macho. Gautam could have had atleast 10 minutes clipped though. little lengthy i thought. But like I said, this movie is 90% class , 10 % mass and you would be disappointed if you enter with expectation other way around.

Kudos for the entire cast to dare into "Maximum Class, Minimum mass" kinda movie...

PS: Let me watch it another time to give my rating.

1 comment:

  1. naan innum intha padatha parkala, your review is really nice, i dont want to watch another kakka kakka, will comment how your review is after i watch the movie, you review made me more eager to watcch the movie now =)

    ReplyDelete