Saturday, December 6, 2008

Sunday Special- Dostana




Well, its been a busy couple of days with rains flooding chennai and mumbai under siege by terrorists. About mumbai fiasco, only F's and B's come to my mind when I think abt India's politicians- quite expectantly. I was glued to my TV set watching news for the couple of days & chennai was submerged due to heavy rains. It was high time I stepped outdoors, thats when my buddy Sam called up with the Dostana movie plan(30th Nov). I badly wanted to watch this movie for one PRIMARY reason.. It turned my Friend into a Gay...

There is one of my friends, lets not bring his name in to the picture..
I had a recent chat with him on Gtalk, thats when he told me that he had become GAY after watching the movie. Also, he tried to make some illicit advances on chat. Thankfully since he was in bangalore & I was in chennai, I was saved. Later he confessed that his roomie was using his lappy who was the culprit and not him. I still am clueless really and dunno what to make out of it.
This incident made me curious and inquisitive abt Dostana and the promos with priyanka looking really chic were pretty motivating as well.

Ok, now back to the movie..
Its become a syndrome where I seem to miss out on first 5-10 mins of almost all movies that I have recently watched.This one was no exception. Dostana is an out and out fun and frolic movie with Abishek and John Abraham as the lead Gays, oops Guys ;) Priyanka plays the female lead and Bobby Deol is the surprise package. Priyanka doesn't fail to disappoint with her performance and not to mention her skin show. John has come a long way since his JISM days and has really worked on his act in dostana. Abishek and John make a good pair.Abishek has performed superbly and even made me think he was a real gay. I couldn't believe this guy was faking. Well again, I really have to appreciate Junior B and I for one believe this is one of his best comic performances so far. Superb comic timing! There again was this romantic scene that he shared with priyanka in a exhibition which showed his "true" colors- affinity for a GAL.I had a awesome time after watching this make-no-sense movie. Dostana for me, was a hilarious and outrageous comic caper!

Watch out for a faked dumb lippy kiss between John & Abishek Bachan.. he he ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment